Book Review: The E-Myth Revisited By Michael E. Gerber
I love this book and I use it as a reference book in my business. As a small business owner, there are some books that you must own and it is one of them. I have decided to get this book after my own struggle with proper goal setting and delegation. To me everything was equally important. At that time was still in my corporate mindset thinking like an employee instead of a CEO, and having this book clearly outlined the problem I was going through. Since I have already started this paragraph saying I love this book, you know you will hear a ton of praises about this book. But to break it down, I will talk about the 5 reasons why it’s on the top of my recommended books.
1) Written directly for small business owners: Gerber starts the book by saying, “If you own a small business, or if you want to own a small business, this book is written for you”. Right away, you know that this book is written with you as a small business owner in mind.
2) What it takes to mature through your business: Real life example of why you need to have a plan to mature through your business.
3) Clearly defined phases: Gerber lays out phases in your business that you will go through to become a successful business.
4) Working on your business not in it: He goes in much detail discussing about the importance of working on your business and not in it. Another words, the exact problem I have had when I started my business, as I was trying to do everything by myself and not enlisting for help. As a result I was overworked and overwhelmed.
5) The specific strategies: I love the specific strategies that he talks about such as organizational strategy and people strategy. These include helpful tips on growing your business.
There you have it, my top 5 reasons why E-Myth sits on my bookshelf at the eye level so that it’s easily accessible. Do you have a favorite book? List it in the comment below. Also join our private group where we share business tips, ideas, and of course our favorite books.
- Keep up to date with latest business/marketing trends by following us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.